Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors for Residential


Fire Safety Equipment

Imagine being caught at home in the midst of a house fire. Your mind starts rushing through what to do next. Fire is fast-moving, and leaves little to no time to think about collecting valuables and belongings. The impact of that happening can be devastating.

While we know that flames and heat from a fire are dangerous, fires also contain a deadly mixture of fumes and gases. Carbon monoxide is a by-product of a fire that can cause asphyxiation, which is being deprived of oxygen.

Fire safety begins at home. Most people know the basics, such as not leaving burning candles or space heaters unattended. You should also have one or more fire extinguishers in your home, located for easy access. For home use, an extinguisher rated “A-B-C” is recommended.

Contact us today to have one of our qualified professionals come out and assess your home’s safety features.

Smoke Detectors

Smoke detectors (also known as smoke alarm) sense smoke from fires and burning food. Generally a loud piercing signal is set off.

Smoke detectors can be battery operated or wired in. Smoke detectors that run on batteries must have the batteries changed once every year. All smoke detectors need to be tested regularly. The advantage of having wired in smoke detectors, is all the smoke detectors will go off to alert everyone in the house no matter where they are.


Battery operated smoke detector


Wired in smoke detector

It is important to make sure smoke detectors are installed in the right places in your home and are in proper working order. At CBS Electric, we can help you check your existing detectors and give you options as to what type of smoke detectors are right for your home. Contact us today to book an appointment.

Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Carbon Monoxide is one of the leading causes of deaths. It is referred to as “The Silent Killer” because it is too faint for us to detect. It is a gas produced when equipment such as a furnace is not properly ventilated.

Fuel-burning appliances such as furnaces, water heaters, fireplaces and wood stoves should have regular maintenance. Additionally, ventilation should be checked in order to ensure that there are no blockages.


Carbon Monoxide Detector


Carbon Monoxide Alarm


Smoke and CO Combination Detector

Carbon monoxide has no color or odor. It makes you feel drowsy, you then fall asleep, and slowly it kills you. Thousands of people die from carbon-monoxide poisoning each year. If you have a detector in your home and carbon monoxide starts to build up, you’ll hear an alarm sounding when the gas levels become dangerous. You should evacuate your home and call your fire department if this happens.

Safety officials suggest that people refrain from leaving their vehicles running in the garage, especially with the door closed. They also recommend wearing proper respiratory equipment if working in confined spaces where CO could be present.

To find out more about smoke and CO detectors, and installation services,
call 778-433-1455

Call Now Button